Saturday, March 22, 2008

Has it been since June 7 that I made an installment on the blog?  Well a lot has happened since June 7th!  

I was selected on July 2, 2007 as the new Meteorologist in Charge at the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Indianapolis, IN!!  Wow! First of all, what an opportunity to run a Weather Forecast Office!  Secondly, what a chance to live closer to family!  Recall that I am originally from Ohio ( I have two sisters in Ohio as well as several cousins) and my wife is from Wisconsin (she has much of her family in Wisconsin and Minnesota).

It was and is hard to leave Oklahoma after 11 years.  Our oldest, Danny, is a freshman at the University of Oklahoma, and we miss him terribly!  But, we also developed some close friends. Hey, Averyts, we miss you so much!  I do miss working at SPC, but things happen to us that God intends, and like my Mother always said, "Things happen for the best."  Knowing that God had this opportunity open to me must mean she was right!

I have enjoyed the new job.  New challenges, like learning several new segments to the job, i.e. budgets, counseling, leadership, aviation forecasting, AWIPS, radar and all that is exciting!!!  Just not enough hours in a day, and I would love to learn it all at once!  Like in the movie The Matrix where they download a program to learn how to fly a chopper and bang! they magically can do so as if they had 1000 hours flying time!  Boy, would that be great! 

But, everyone is doing fine in Indiana.  We look forward to new friends and having an easier time to visiting friends and family!

No comments: